Take our Survey
Our new survey is "Exercise and Parkinson's Disease."
If you have Parkinson's disease or if you had DBS for Parkinson's, please contact us to participate.
The concept of exercise being an important part of healthy living is not a new concept in our community. Additionally, there is research supporting the importance of exercise for individuals with PD, from symptom management (e.g., improving gait, balance, and freezing spells) to investigations about exercise and neuroprotection. What is less known is the “patient’s perspective” about exercise, including factors related to attitude and knowledge about exercise and PD, types of exercises in which individuals with PD engage, perceived benefit of exercise, and perceived barriers to exercise. The objective of the present study is to deepen our understanding about the perspective of individuals with PD pertaining to exercise and related variables.
After you contact us (details are below), we will send you a survey free of charge along with a self-addressed, postage paid envelope. After the survey data is analyzed, we will send you a copy of the survey results free of charge. We are accepting completed surveys now through December 15, 2014. Please get involved. Your participation matters.
How to participate in our surveys:
- To participate in our survey please call us toll-free at 800-579-8440 or contact us.
- We will send you a copy of our current survey, including a prepaid self-addressed envelope for your convenience.
- Complete the survey, and use the prepaid envelope to send it back.
- After the closing date of the survey, the data will be analyzed and a report with the survey results will be published.
- We will send you a copy of the survey report.
We want to emphasize that all information you provide will be kept strictly confidential.
If you have any questions about our surveys, please call us at 800-579-8440.